Saturday, July 22, 2006

Smoking is Cool

My wife found a group on the Internet willing to give us a couple of free movie tickets in exchange for talking to our kids about smoking. The point they are trying to make is for us to tell them not to smoke and then we can treat them to a movie for listening. We signed up and we were waiting for our tickets. Instead of getting said tickets, we instead received an email from them telling us that the response was so great that they are not going to give us the tickets....and that smoking is still bad and we should tell our kids that.

I was really looking forward to a free movie. Granted, I don't smoke and I really do not have to tell my kids not to smoke because they already know better. Did I tell you I was looking forward to that free movie?

So what am I supposed to do now? My kids were expecting the free movie too. I'm going to tell my kids to start smoking. We'll stick it to those do-gooders who stiffed me of my free tickets. That'll show them!

No comments: