Monday, August 15, 2011

4 Weeks...12 Lbs And Counting

My goal is 15 lbs for the month of August. At the rate I'm at, I should make it. There was about a week in the middle where things seemed to grind to a halt. The weight loss has picked up a bunch over the past week. I tweaked a few things...I'm drinking more water. I'm eating more carbs. The first couple of weeks I was having either beans or a veggie with the lean protein. Now I am having both. I am also eating a little more frequently. At least 4-5 times a day.

I created an awesome slow carb burrito bowl last night.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup roasted green pepper. I roast the pepper under the broiler until the skin is blackened.
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
1 - 1/2 cups of slaw mix. The kind I used was shredded cabbage and broccoli.
1 cup of cubed chicken
1/4 cup of black beans
2 tbsp of salsa

Fry the chicken in a tiny bit of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. I have been using garlic infused sea salt. Set aside chicken. Add to the pan the slaw mix, onions, and peppers. Cook until tender. Add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are heated thru and begin to sweat. Put in a bowl, add the chicken, black beans, tomatoes and salsa. To take it over the top, add some avocado.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: