Friday, June 24, 2011

HP (Palm WebOS) Touchpad

I gotta get me some Touchpad.  I have a fever and the only cure is an HP Touchpad.  I gotta hankering for some tablet and the HP Touchpad...OK you get the point.  I want an HP Touchpad.  I used to want an iPad until HP announced the Touchpad.  The main reason? WebOS.  It is by far the best mobile operating system around.  Couple that with fact that HP loves developers and you don't need permission from HP to test an application on your device.  I'm not saying that Apple doesn't like developers, but they do make it difficult both in cost and language.

Cards, Stacks, and Gestures...

Apps are opened as "Cards" in WebOS.  Switching between open Apps is as simple as swiping to the card and tapping on the card.  Sometimes, when you have many open Apps running, finding the open app by swiping through all Cards might be a bit tedious.  That is where Stacks come in.  Stacks gives the user the ability to group together any open Cards.  If you have multiple Apps open, grouping them makes it easier to find them when you need to interact with them.  So if you are working on a document, having the document stacked together with email and the browser Cards makes it simple to switch between them all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments: