Monday, June 13, 2011

Windows 8 has no love for .Net?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/13/microsofts_preview_of_windows_8_has_developers_horrified_report.html

I know I know Microsoft is not getting rid of .Net.  However, I do think it is interesting that in all of the hoopla surrounding Windows 8 not a single word was uttered in regards to .Net.  I do think that HTML 5 and javascript are the future of the web desktop.  Do you like that? Web desktop...You heard it here first.  Just as HP is moving forward with WebOS on the desktop I think it is smart of Microsoft to follow suit with their Windows 8 knockoff.  Here's the kicker: a lot of developers have invested in .Net - myself included.  It'd be nice to be given some assurance that .Net is part of a Microsoft future.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments: