Tuesday, July 05, 2011

No Mention of the Gospel Here...



 Schuller ousted from Crystal Cathedral board - Orange County Register

First of all, I think that the Crystal Cathedral left it's first love a long time ago...If it ever loved the Gospel to begin with.  Back in Junior High, I ran the projector (AV Club...Yeah I know...) for the Friday afternoon assemblies.  One of the films we ran was a biography of Robert Schuller.  If the film is to be believed, he did preach the Gospel sometime in the 50's.  Heh, my Dad used to call him Batman because of the colors of his robe.

Secondly, the Crystal Cathedral isn't a church.  A church is made up of born-again believers.  I think it is strange that Schuller would have been upset that choir members were being asked to sign the documents regarding Salvation and marriage.  Anyone can come to church, but service should require membership and membership is only for those who are Saved.

Lastly, passing a gold medallion to someone qualifies tha person to preach? Um...Don't think so.  I think that all of this comes down to money.  At one time they made a lot of it.  Now they are fighting over what remains.  

-- Sent from my Palm Pre




--
How did I get so much cool?
Matthew Stertz
matt.stertz@gmail.com

No comments: